Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stirring and stirring and stirring our brew


It's August 26th...Fall is so close, I can feel it.
 (Not in the weather or anything..this is the South)

This is the time of year when I create what I like call

"Lori's Cauldron of Fall Magicalness".

It's everything I need to have a great fall season.

If all the right ingredients are in this Cauldron, then it will be an amazing season.

Sometimes, I am tempted to put experiences in the cauldron, like "playing in the leaves with my nieces and nephews" or "drinking apple cider and watching scary movies with my sisters".

Then I remind myself, magical seasons aren't about people and experiences, they are about THINGS.

 Shiny, sparkly things.

 Long after the leaves have died and my nieces and nephews go home,
 I can hug those orange twinkle lights and experience true happiness:)

So, this years cauldron MUST contain the following:

1. 1 big pumpkin


2. 3 small pumpkins

3. 2 sets of orange twinkle lights


4.10 fall themed, amazing smelling candles



5. Fall table runner (maybe homemade)

6. Fall center piece (I want to make this)

7. Fall wreath (I want to make it)

8. pumpkin scented bubble bath

9. several gallons of apple cider

10. cool container for Halloween candle



11. one Halloween advent thing

Not really alot to ask, right?

And my family members call me fussy and demanding. 

I guess this will show them!

Lori Ann

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on everything except the pumpkin scented bubble bath. That just sounds gross to me. Your last two posts have been great and all, but I'm really just wanting to hear your review on Mocking Jay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see your review of it!! It was NOT what I was expecting, AT ALL. I hope everyone has read it because I will post my review tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my darling daughter, whoever said you were fussy, demanding, high maintanance, emotional, etc. LOVE YA Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aghhh!I love fall!!! I know that they don't celebrate Halloween here, so I packed a TON of fall/halloween decor. I even brought the kids costumes. There is a big problem though- we are in temporary housing and won't get out stuff until we move into our permanent housing...which will likely be November 1st. Do you feel my pain????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wear your costumes as you move into your new house! It will be a great way to greet your neighbors and give them an even greater opinion of Americans! I think you should even send your children down the street, demanding candy from everyone:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're making me excited for Fall! Stop it! I'm still trying to milk summer for all it's worth! ;)

    ReplyDelete