Monday, January 2, 2012

So live your life


I think I write about my New Years Resolutions every January. 

I like to make plans, so New Years goals suit me really well. 

This year; instead of my usual 3 million goals, I have only a few. But they are kind of intense.

Without further ado..my Goals/Resolutions for 2012

1. Go vegetarian for all of 2012. This one has been on my Bucket List for 10 years. It's not really about animal rights for me (although I do believe animals deserve better treatment). It's more about being conscience of what I am eating and sacrificing. Today is day two. Only 363 more day to go!

2. Get off Facebook for 2012. I deactivated my account a few hours ago. I could never completely erase it. It's the only form of contact I have with some important people. Mission companions, cousins I never see, etc. I'll be back in 2013. It's just...facebook; for me, is too much like pretending to live. This year, I want to live. Like Walden Pond live. 

3. Go to Therapy. The longer I am a therapist the more wrong it feels that I have never been to therapy. I need to learn more empathy for my clients and maybe work on my anxiety or something.

4. Write my book. Even if it's never published, read by anyone but my family (oh yeah..don't try to get out of that, family. I'll be printing you all copies), I want to write. It's just something I need to do.

5. Volunteer. I haven't been very charitable for a while. I have been blessed in so many ways and I need to do good for others. 

And Last But Most Important...

EMBRACE THE AWKWARDNESS. 

I want to live the rest of my life so that; when I am 80, and I look back, I won't regret too much. So, I want to do things that are hard, or awkward, or daring. Like talking to people in elevators. And going hiking.  And being more real, even on this blog. More honest. 

I don't know. I guess what I really mean is that I want to LIVE MY LIFE, you know?

Lori Ann

5 comments:

  1. I noticed your disappearance from Facebook and was saddened! But I do like your resolutions! I guess since I can't facebook stalk you, that means I will have to visit you in person. I guess that will be okay. Also, I will happily read your book multiple times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to get your trash up here ASAP! They are hiring at my company, by the way. In the 'family based' program. (aka Intensive in Home). You should apply!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the getting off facebook and pretend living part. Maybe I will join you in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are amazing goals! I've been wanting to go facebook-less for a week and I've yet to accomplish that. I will really miss you on the facebook, but at least I have your blog to give me my needed dose of Lori. Just remember, NOONE will judge you if you decide to come back to Facebook. We will welcome you with open arms. :) And I would totally read any book that you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so friction awesome! Wow they a big goals, but I know you can do it!! Vegetarianism would be hard! But rock on its a noble goal! You've got real writing talent. I plan on buying and promoting you first book! I like to think we are kindred spirits. Good motivation for me to continue on with my story blog that I have been putting off.

    ReplyDelete