Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1 month, baby!!

It's Groundhogs Day Eve.

A time for serious introspection and contemplation.

Or not!

Anyway, you may all wish to congratulate me, I have been a vegetarian for exactly 1 MONTH!!

Here are the top three things I have learned during this month:

1. Hamburgers can appear in your dreams. Sometimes they even dance and sing.

2. Fresh spinach is really good. I don't know why I've been eating iceberg lettuce all these years. From now on all my salad greens will be spinach or other darker colored options.

3. Doing this has weirdly been the best diet ever. Giving up meat has made me much more aware of what else I am eating, since I am always looking for protein. I've given up soda, most candy, and a lot of the junkie kind of meals I used to eat. (spagettios, french fries, etc)

In addition to my ongoing vegetarian quest, Erin and I are competing in Frugal February. We're both trying to keep our expenditures under 100 for the entire month. That includes gas, food, entertainment, etc. Whenever I post, I will leave a running tally of how much I have left!!

Thanks for being so supportive. Getting to blog about all my goals motivates me so much. And keep sending me recipes!! I love them!!

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am seriously proud of you! Quite frankly your an inspiration to me, and have forced me to look at my own eating habits. I declare this very minute that i will be going one whole week without any junk food, sweets and will not eat after 6pm. There it is-out in the open-so now i have to do it. I got a couple yummy recipes I make regularly on my blog. And they can all be vegitarian! Check em out! Keep up the good work!! You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to join in Frugal February. I can't do 100, but I will pick another number and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on Lori Ann...I've just made my first frugal post. Add my blog to your side bar, it's nice to know that you and Danielle are reading my blog. www.erinleigh32.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete