Tuesday, February 28, 2012

For Erin and Katy

One of the great Spinster traditions is becoming a crazy cat lady. I've avoided it for years for a few reasons.

1. Animals don't like me. I used to think it was because I was a sociopath and they could sense it. But that was in the BML days... (Before medicated Lori).  I was crazy then. 
2. I hate to admit this, but I don't like being responsible for things. I don't have any plants, any fish, or anything that requires human warmth and kindness. 
3. Two words. Litter box. 

Anyway, I guess none of us can really escape our fates. You get married and have kids and one day you wake up wearing high waisted, tight at the ankles, light denim washed jeans and your husband's t-shirt. You stay a spinster and one day you wake up, owning 13 cats and yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn. Anyway, in tribute to my new status as a crazy cat lady..here are some pictures of my cat!
The Sugar cookie loves sleeping in the sun.
When she is not sleeping right next to my head. 
Or climbing right up into my face. 

These pictures are more for my sister and niece than anyone else. Sugar can't wait to meet both of you, Aunt  Erin and Katy Kat!

Lori Ann

2 comments: