Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sugar, Sugar

This weekend was epic.
I spent some crazy time with my 
Four
Favorite 
People
In all the world.
 (bonus shot of Elly, just because she's so cute!)

Best quotes of the weekend:

"I found him on the tire swing with some weirdos" (said by Jack, after I sent him into the playground to find James)

"We're in the third dimension" (said by Elly, unsolicited, on the walk home from the park)

"When she approached me with the sausage, it was kind of creepy" (said by Jack, referring to Katy, as she walked by him at breakfast, eating her 5th sausage link)

"Aunt Lori, the dollar store doesn't sell promises" (said by Jack, when the toy submarine I bought him at the dollar store didn't work)

"The Chinese don't know the difference between baking powder and baking soda" ( said by Big Jack, in a typical Anti-Chinese rant)

" I want you two to get to know each other" ( said by Danielle, as a reason she was leaving to go read, instead of watching "The Voice" with me and Jack)

"You go use the downstairs potty!" (screamed by Katy, who is weirdly possessive of the upstairs bathroom)

" You know what's amazing? These stars we are looking at are the same stars that they saw even before Christopher Columbus discovered America.".... "No, they're not, Aunt Lori" ( Me, trying to impart the wonder of the cosmos to my nieces and nephews while star gazing, and then being corrected by Jack Jack..to which Danielle added "Yeah, my kids know this stuff, you can't pull anything over on them")

"You're a horrible mother! I feel like Sugar isn't in a safe environment!" (Erin, upon finding out I left my cat alone for 36 hours)

Umm...p.s.- I got a cat. Her name is Sugar! 

It was a crazy awesome weekend.  I hope we have many, many more!!

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love your posts!! I love the quotes, quotes are such good material. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my kids had you for an aunt.

    ReplyDelete