Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes


A decade. 

Jack Jack is now more than just a collections of days, weeks, months and years.

 He's got a decade under his belt. 

He's a young man now.

2 years away from the priesthood.

 8 years from his mission.

 Maybe only 10 or so away from marriage. 

My gosh. 

I love him so much.

 He's smart, he's curious, and he's kind.

 He's everything I hoped for when I found out that my sister was pregnant
 on a bitterly cold February day all those years ago.  

I love all of my sister's children equally
 (most of the time..I'm looking at you, Kat Rat!)

 However, there is a certain magic to Jack Jack.

We had him all to ourselves for over a year and those were some crazy, beautiful days. 

Anyway, on the hopes that one day he'll read this,

I write this just to my nephew.

I love you, kiddo. 

You are so much brighter than I ever could have imagined.

 You bring so much love and happiness to our family.

 We all fell in love with you from the very start.

When I first saw you in person, I swear my heart stopped. 

I hope that life is everything you ever dreamed and hoped it would be.

 Thank you for being the best nephew an aunt could wish for! 

Love,

Aunt Lori

1 comment:

  1. I was at your house once and he asked me if I was a grandma. it was probably the best day of my life for sure.

    ReplyDelete