Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Since maybe October of last year

Ok, so..

I have been officially unemployed for 2 full days.

 It's been magical.

 Since my unemployment is only going to last one week, I have been enjoying it by doing as little as possible. :)


It's Rocktober, people.

My absolute favorite month of the year.

I am only slightly OBSESSED with fall in PA.

 It has already been so amazing.

The leaves are slowly changing, there is a chilly breeze, and the scent of burning leaves is everywhere

. It makes me so unbelievably happy.

I have also brought out my sweet cinnamon pumpkin lotion!

 If you've never tried this scent, it's amazing and it smells like happiness!!

Do you see what I mean about seasonal affective disorder?

 I am SO MUCH HAPPIER in the fall.


T minus 37 hours until the first Presidential debate.

 I can hardly stand the wait.

 I am also just slightly OBSESSED with politics.

 My dad keeps telling me

 "It's not going to matter who gets elected to our pocketbooks or lives all that much"
(I don't know why I talk to him about politics... he won't even acknowledge that Bill Clinton is hot!)


This is what kills me about my father.

 He raised me to be this way.

 To be anxious about sports and politics.

 He railed against various candidates, threw things at the TV during games, and now....now that he has mellowed with age, he tells me to just

"Relax, because whatever happens, happens."


What he fails to realize is that I can personally change the direction of a game or an election by projecting my anxiety on everyone in the house and glaring at the TV and ranting.

I think know it's the reason that the Giants missed their last field goal on Sunday night, leading to an Eagles victory.


So...I'm off to a day of pajama wearing.

 And eating tasty cakes.

 And googling "Why is Paul Ryan so hot?"

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Paul Ryan ... bletch. Ron Paul. Mmmmmm

    Vote with your ... uh ... guts!

    ReplyDelete