Sunday, October 21, 2012

Some nights I call it a draw

YOLO

 You Only Live Once.

 I am always drawn to those quotes and sayings.

Those, "Live each moment as if it were a miracle and reach for your dreams and yada yada". 

I love fall and it's been a beautiful weekend but I've been in doors for most of it.

 I have become even more of a horrible couch potato since I've been at my parents.

There is a reason I never have a TV when I live alone. 

I am not living each moment as if it were a miracle, that is for sure. 

I can get this weekend back.

 I've got another few weeks of beautiful fall before winter weather sets in.

 But there are things and days I can never get back.

 Things I wish I had done.

 I haven't lived my life with no regrets. 

I regret not taking more chances on life when I was younger and more free.

I regret not seeing the Mona Lisa when I was in Paris.

I regret not being a young bride in an over the top Cinderella dress.

I regret not keeping in touch with my mission companions and going to their weddings.

I regret not going to Yellowstone when I lived so close for 4 years.

I regret never getting to do a session in the SLC Temple.

I regret never taking any cooking classes in college.

I regret all of the nights I could have been out under the stars, and instead I was inside, slowly losing my brain cells by the light of the TV.

I regret never figuring out what my personal style was and being too scared to experiment.

I regret dressing in over sized clothes all through high school.

I regret not knowing my dad's parents better before they died.

I regret not being a better aunt today.

I regret never making the effort to find the hot gay boy I always wanted as a best friend.

I regret not voting until I turned 20.

Yada, yada, yada... I could go on and on. 

But my life is far from over (I hope).

I hopefully have years ahead to live my dreams..and I really want to.

I want to blog in another year about how this year has been the year of no regret.

Wish me luck!!

Lori Ann

p.s.- One of my biggest regrets is not taking up choir in college, like I had in high school.

 Then I could have been in a kick ass all girls acapella group.

Like this one! 



No comments:

Post a Comment