Friday, October 12, 2012

She's so lucky

Ok, so I know there are a lot of reasons why most of you are jealous of my life.

First there is my sweet new digs...at my parents house.

Then there's my awesome ride...yeah, still driving my dad's work truck.

Well, there's my hot new boyfriend... if you can call stalking Paul Ryan a relationship, that is.

Anyway, on top of all of THAT, be prepared to be even MORE jealous because I officially have the most amazing commute to work!!

So, my dad taught me the back way to my new job..I swear, my dad could be parachuted into Iran and know all the back roads within 24 hours..and where to get the best barbecue.

 ANYWAY

 On my ride I encounter all of the following:

Three old Pennsylvania churches.

 One is completely made of stone.

The other two are across the road from each other and have a very old cemetery next to them.

 Like pre American Revolution old.


Two one lane bridges.

These are scenic stone bridges that only one car can cross at a time.



Three miles or so of 'cathedral trees'.

The kind of trees that meet up over the top of the road.

 It's not even full on fall yet and they are stunning.


Endless fields of corn and miles of open woodland.

 It's the kind of beautiful that makes you just stare out the window.

 Which is great if you are a passenger, less effective if you are the driver.

So...

Working as a therapist, I have come to the realization that I need to make a special effort to find and do things that are therapeutic for me.

 I need to build up my own reserves so that I have the patience and energy to give my clients the attention and care they deserve.

Fall is therapeutic to me. It fills me with enough happiness to keep going the rest of the year.

And fall in Pennsylvania is unparalleled in it's beauty.

 And this drive encapsulates everything that is wonderful and magical about Pennsylvania in the fall.

It makes me so happy.

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Elly and I are going into Perkasie tomorrow for a pumpkin patch/hayride thing. I think the more you get into Bucks County, the prettier it is.

    ReplyDelete