Monday, October 29, 2012

Stranded at the drive in

Ok so...

My work is closed for the next day and a half.

 I went in today for 4 hours and did some paperwork and then we closed and my dad came to pick me up.

 Oh yeah..I'm one of those strong, independent women who have their dads drive them to work in bad weather!

 Take that, feminist movement!


Anyway, my father is half comforting, half crazy.

 He's driving me home through all these heavily wooded back roads, talking about how "its just raining a little".

 The crazy part is that he really means it.


I don't know if I have ever seen my father freaked out about anything.

 He's the last of that old school generation of dads (or perhaps men) who fear nothing.


It could be Armageddon and my father would be out back, grilling steaks, saying things like

 "Jesus C#$@, Lori, you wringing your hands ain't going to do a d&@# thing to change things.
"
 or

 "Well..what did you expect? This is what happens when you let liberals get elected."

Speaking of liberals, I keep worrying about how this storm will affect the election.

Because I lack empathy for others and put my own political agenda ahead of the health and safety of others.


Anyway, I'm off to put on my pjs and read some Harry Potter.

Do you think I could read all 7 in 36 hours?

Maybe I'll start here..

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. I love your dad and you do a great job at describe him well in words.

    ReplyDelete