Tuesday, September 10, 2013

And you let her go




Today's post will be completely random.

 Because I feel a little crazy right now.
The song "Midnight Train to Georgia" always makes me feel a little guilty and sad.

The above comment was not a passive aggressive solicitation for sympathy or interest about why that song makes me feels sad- I just wanted to say it.

I had 12 voice mails and 50 emails waiting for me when I got back to work today.

My whole body hurts because I walked 2 miles and then worked out with Tory who seemed to be feeling extra evil today.

It looks like we just got a somewhat shady Get out of Syria free card from the Russians.

 I'm feeling a little Cold War-esque right now, comrades.

I am working on my Goals for 34.

 I will be 34 in about 4 weeks and I want awesome goals this year.

 Because when I turn 35 I plan to have a fancy dress party and adopt an almost grown child.

 So 34 is pretty much the last year of my not so much youth.

After swearing off gay romance novels, I bought one called "My cowboy heart".

 I knew it was going to be good when it was revealed that one of the main character's name was Speed.

 And I was right about it being good.

 Because they got a ranch and adopted a three legged dog and set the snow on fire on Valentines Day.

Literally.

Anyway, 

I can't stop listening to "Let her go" by Passenger.

 It's one of those songs you hear on the radio for the first time and 5 minutes later you are buying it on itunes. 

And not to be cryptic but I think I like it because I've let things go that I should have held onto.

 Things I still see when I close my eyes. 

This blog is going to an emo place that I am not ok with.

Lori Ann 

3 comments:

  1. I have a couple of questions - are you really going to adopt next year?
    And why does Midnight Train elicit such feelings in you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will adopt but I want to do something. Maybe foster care. That song reminds me of a friend I wish I had treated better. We used to lay out on the lawn in fake fur coats and sing along to this song for some reason. It was hilarious:)

      Delete
  2. Oh, it sounds like there are some interesting and exciting times ahead for you! :)
    And did you ever take the midnight train to Georgia? I seem to recall it was on your list of things to do :)

    ReplyDelete