Monday, April 14, 2014

Swear they moved that sign


Today has been a weird day.

I only had one evaluation and 3 appointments. But I will have been in the office for close to 10 hours by the time I leave.

That's six hours of free time.

I don't like it.

I normally pray for and dream about hours of free time at work. Time to get organized and get projects done and reorganize my filing cabinet.

And then I got the time today and I couldn't focus. I went from one thing to the next.

I think I kind of like those days when it's one appointment after another. Well, I don't really like them.

I like the structure.

I've realized that I struggle to structure my own time.

That's the reason I make 22 item weekend to do lists. Because without them, I would drift along, getting absolutely nothing done.

I just realized that I didn't really have a list today. (well, beyond my normal work to do list)

Which explains a lot.

I also spent 10 hours doing stuff on Saturday. So, I think my brain needed the day off.

And now I'm listening to Mercy Street by Peter Gabriel on repeat track. 

Sometimes the music I listen to influences the therapy I provide.

Songs like this make me a more depressing therapist :) 

I promise this blog is going to get more exciting soon. 

Lori Ann

p.s.- I'm back on the liquid diet. Which also dulls my brain. Why am I rambling? 

No comments:

Post a Comment