Sunday, April 27, 2014

Honey badger don't care

A few things I want to remember from the last week of April, 2014.
It's almost this thing's birthday. Today she told me she wanted a bike and a scooter. And various other items. I've trained her so that when I ask what the most important day ever is, she will reply "April 29th, 2008" :) 
Katy is our resident helper. While my parents are gone she has been hanging out with the cats. 
And taking over chief medical duties for my mom. She has already inspected a bruise of mine and checked my heart rate. She told me I could call her Dr. Katy. 
It was take your daughter to work day this week. And since I pretend Elly is my daughter when she is kicking butt on the soccer field and other parents are talking about her- it seemed appropriate she come to my work for a few hours.

Everyone loved her. She stopped by every department and 'tried out' being a therapist. I had her call me in from the waiting room and told her that I am stressed because my cat has been fighting with a honey badger in the woods. She told me I needed to ground my cat from the woods.

Speaking of honey badgers, we've been watching the clean version of the Honey badger video on youtube. The kids love it. Elly was telling me "the honey badger serves a purpose. He digs holes for the plants to grow and lets other animals eat his scraps" :)

I have been doing various cleaning projects this weekend. Have you ever started deep cleaning something and resurfaced like 5 hours later? Because once you start tackling the detail work you usually ignore, you notice how bad things really are?

Let me just ask these questions..

Who dumped a whole thing of cat nip in the junk drawer?

Why was there broken glass and a strange red powder under the plates?

Why do we own literally 59 forks?


Anyway, this blog update is brought to you by the "I don't want to clean anymore but am in the middle of too many projects to stop now" committee.

Wish me luck!!

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. This might be very OCD of me but I feel like I can't get anything done until the whole house is clean!!!!!

    By the way, what a sweetheart of a niece you have! :)

    ReplyDelete