Sunday, April 13, 2014

Same as it ever was

The park/playground behind my sister's kids school. You can't really tell but its all rolling hills and farms. :) 

My favorite moments from a crazy Sunday and this weeks goals

I walked over to the park with 3 of my 4 niece and nephews. James abandoned ship, the devil.

 Katy was so funny. She kept telling me that her legs were tired from walking but that they were also getting stronger and she could feel the muscles getting bigger. 

All of my sister's kids have taken to coming over to have my mother dress various 'wounds'. My mother recently bought an industrial sized box of band aids because she was running through them so fast. Anyway, James came over looking for Nana Terry but found just me. I don't think he was satisfied by me smacking a band aid on his foot and then securing it by wrapping it with regular tape a few times. 

My Sunday school class came in and literally screamed "What did you do to your hair?" They don't like the dark brown. They told me it made my face look green. I've gotten a lot negative feedback on the dark brown. It just makes me love it more!
 (because I've got the emotional maturity of a 13 year old)  

While we were walking through the cemetery on the way to the park, the girls and I were talking about the people buried there who died in war. (there are graves that go back through the American Revolution). I was explaining the draft to them and Elly said "You shouldn't have told me that. That scares me".  But she also seemed oddly energized by the prospect of World War 3. 

I love that they are growing up surrounded by so much American History. It's why I will never live long term away from the East Coast. I feel so much at peace living here, wrapped up in my American heritage. 

Anyway, that was today.

My goals for this week are as follows:

Liquid diet Mon-Thurs. (I've only slightly fallen off the wagon this weekend)

Then moderate eating Friday and Saturday. 

Then EASTER!!

Also, I am going to try out a exercise class for the first time in forever tomorrow morning. It's called "Sweat and burn". 

Which scares me a little. 

But all goals should scare you a little. 

Lori Ann

p.s.- The insufferable heat is back. Prepare for my seasonal affective disorder to kick in. I am going to whine until September 1st, baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment