Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It's my daddy and Nebraska and


Random Wednesday Night Updates

I think I am starting to feel the post race euphoria. I'm starting to forget the cold, my body finally feels 
a little better, and I can't stop thinking "I did a half marathon!" 

My dad called the half marathon the "associates degree" of races. Wanker. 

My sisters have taken to calling me "the squealer". Apparently, I don't keep secrets. They revealed their plan to "set traps" for me to "test my loyalty".  Yes. Being a Hinsdale sister is like being in a gang. My jumping in must have been when Danielle threw that wooden duck at my head. 

I have too much dang Bob Marley on my iTunes. 
(What if some one's not technically a Rastafarian but they've got a couple of Bob Marley albums and one of those hats with dreads attached to it?)

As you may remember from a previous post, I don't listen to Lady Gaga anymore.

 Except "You and I".

 I can't stop listening to it!

I think I might try to get 5 miles in tomorrow.

Or more likely 3 :)  

There was a serious showdown regarding some coconut tasty cakes tonight.

It was epic. :) 

Katy muffin keeps knocking on our door, leaving plastic Easter eggs filled with rocks.

 She clarifies that there are rocks inside because she doesn't have candy.

 She is so genuinely sweet, it's irresistible. 

I have told a number of people that they will be doing the Love Run with me next year.

No one has really said 'yes' but I'm going to take their "umm..I don't want to" as pretty much a yes. 

I never really got to say a huge THANK YOU to Laura.

 We worked together in North Carolina and she came up for my race.

 I was so exhausted and frozen after the race that I went home.

 I wish I had been able to snap out of it long enough to go to lunch or something with her.

 I'm kind of a horrible friend at times. 

It's Conference weekend, baby!!

 I am staying in my pajamas all weekend!!!

I am going to a training in King of Prussia on Friday.

A motivational interviewing training.

 Which sounds weird but it's a cool form of therapy that I want to get better at.

I've conned the old man into driving me!!

I love the way PA people pronounce all of their odd town names. King of Prussia is "Kingaprusha" and Conshohocken is "Con-she" and on and on

That is all the boring life updates I've got for you. 

Don't worry though- tomorrow I will be completing the New Jersey years of my life story.

 You don't want to miss this.

 It's got driving under age, the year I thought the Titanic sank off the Jersey shore, and my high school experience at a place that I still call "slower Lower". :) 

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. You were incredible! As a matter of fact you've inspired me to do one of my own this fall. You really did amazing in really terrible conditions, and I don't blame you one bit for just wanting to get home.

    ReplyDelete