Wednesday, April 9, 2014

It never takes too long

*this is a boring, rambling post on my thoughts on food- be warned*

My mom won't let me talk about the waffle taco anymore. 

It's the end of day 3 of my liquid diet and I have been dreaming about waffles. 

I actually ate 1 1/2 boiled eggs today because I felt dizzy and nauseated. Because I was in the steam room for too long at the gym.

Oh, the gym.

I did 3 miles on the treadmill and 9 machines. My body did not want to do it. DID NOT.

I wanted to go home and wrap myself up in a blanket and eat at least 7 waffles. 

For me, I can't have a long term fitness/healthy eating plan. 

I just have to get myself through- one day at a time. :) 

Today was a tough day eating and fitness wise. No health goal seemed more important than the carb laden goodness of a waffle, smothered in syrup and butter. 

My goal in doing this whole liquid diet is to start down the path with sugar that I have been on with soda. 

I was addicted to soda (diet coke in particular) for more than 25 years. I couldn't imagine my life without it. I had a diet coke when I blogged, when I cleaned, when I worked late, when I drove anywhere.  

Now, a year after I gave it up, soda sounds gross to me. Every time I've taken a sip it takes metallic-y and like diet Pepsi. 

I have the occasional glass of ginger ale but even that has lost its appeal.

Now I want that 'yuck I don't need it' philosophy with sugar. 

I will never be one of those health nuts- I love food too much- that's my family culture- but I don't want to NEED sugar. I want to have 2 bite of cake and walk away. Or a small slice of cheesecake. Or, for the love of all that is holy, a small but wonderful waffle taco. :) 

ANYWAY, I promise this blog is not going in weird nutrition and exercise direction. 

I'm just obsessed with food and eating in this moment. 

Lori Ann

p.s.- My sisters have recommended that I rename this blog "The squealer Chronicles" :) 

1 comment:

  1. I have to say...that waffle taco is looking mighty tasty.....LOL.....

    ReplyDelete