Saturday, April 19, 2014

I hope you think of me


Things I don't want to forget from the week before Easter 2014.

I took Elly to her first gymnastics class on Wednesday night. It was magical. She was literally running around, flapping her arms like she was flying between every different activity.

I, oddly, had an almost mental health breakdown. We got there early and they were super busy and it was almost time for Elly's class to start and I thought they were going to forget us (I had to get her officially signed up, etc) and it made me so sad for Elly that I almost started crying. It just reminded me of feeling forgotten or being excited about something as a kid and then not getting to do it. I never want that for my sister's kids.

I am sort of obsessed with this song.


I thought I was having a heart attack on Thursday night because I had mild chest pain. So, I got changed into something that I wouldn't mind dying in. Any time I've ever had the thought that I might die, my first thought is "I should change into something nicer" :) 

I stayed up late last night (like 10 pm, baby!) watching Twilight, Say Yes to the Dress, and eating candy and olives. You guessed it. My parents weren't home. When they leave home I revert to my 13 year old self. 

I've been thinking about wearing an Easter Hat. Do you think that is the first step in realizing you are middle aged? Thinking about Easter hats??

I've lost a total of 176 lbs. 24 to go until it's 200!!
(I don't think the candy and olives got me any closer)
 (or the giant cheesecake I got for Easter dessert)

I'm struggling with all of this unstructured time. I love 4 day work weeks but it throws me off my routine.

Speaking of which, I have really begun to identify some autism characteristics in myself this week. I really like routine. I don't always know how to maintain social relationships- I wish there were a 'rules of friendship' book I could follow. I prefer solitude for the most part. I have some areas of very rigid thinking and the MOST IMPORTANT, I have sensory issues. There are so many sounds that drive me nuts. Repetitive scraping sounds (like spoons on the bottom of a yogurt container), swallowing, repetitive sneezing, and many, many others. 

Now I'm not just your super hot friend. I'm your super hot with mild autistic qualities friend!!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment