Thursday, April 10, 2014

I am not the kind of girl

The two cutest kats in the world!!

Today was a good day and a bad, bad day.

The bad day part was my appointments.

I; of course, can't talk about my clients.

BUT HOLY HANNAH

I almost didn't make it through this day.

The good day part was a weird mental health breakthrough I had for myself.

So, during a short period of downtime at work, I was walking around the building.

Talking to myself.

Literally.

Smelling the smell of something grilling at the Recovery Center.
(our drug and alcohol treatment center)

Those devils.

And I realized that my body never wants junk. And carbs. And waffle tacos.

It's my brain that wants it.

And since I can't ever feed food into my brain, it will never be satisfied.

So..here is the decision I came to.

When I get off this all liquid diet in 9 days .
(ignoring the 1/2 cup of baked beans and 3 bites of hot dog I ate tonight)

I am going to eat 6 times a day.
(except on major holidays)

3 meals and 3 snacks.

Which is good because it keeps your metabolism revved up.

5 of those times I will be feeding my body.

The stuff it wants.

Vegetables, protein, healthy carbs.

And 1 time every day, I will feed my brain.

Not a lot.

But maybe my last snack of the day will be 3 Hersey kisses.

Or during lunch I will eat a salad with a really good bread stick.

Or have a small bowl of captain crunch for breakfast.

I will never binge feed my brain or give it all it wants.

It won't ever be satisfied no matter how much I dump in there.

But I will have a small portion of something that is psychologically comforting to me.

Of course, this could be a slippery slope for an addict like me.

So, I've got to really mean it.

If I have that 1/2 cup of captain crunch for breakfast then I fed my brain and the rest of my meals and snacks need to feed my body.

And knowing that I can feed my brain again the next day should help me stick to my resolution.

I think this is what weight watchers tries to teach people. You can have a little treat here and there if you plan for it.

But I had to reach this realization on my own.

Wish me luck.

And wish me luck surviving the rest of this liquid diet.

Lori Ann

p.s.- As of today, I've lost a total of 175 lbs. Only 25 to go until we get to the 200 lbs party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment