Monday, April 16, 2012

My heart will go on and on

Some of you may not realize this, but we Hinsdale's aren't super rich upper class people. 

We just seem like it because we are super classy. That's right. 

Anyway, we do have one priceless heirloom to our family name. 

An original menu from the Titanic, listing what was served on the night the ship sank.

Yes, as you can see from the picture below, the menu's were electric blue and apparently "chicken, hamburgers, jello, and bread" was being served that fateful night. 


Now, here's where I reveal the truth. This isn't really a real menu. Gotcha.  It's one my mom made up for her "Titanic dinner", which she insisted we all attend. As "characters" from Titanic. (I kept reminding her that these were REAL people, but whatever)

Anyway, the dinner was delicious. Or at least that is what I heard. Apparently the Titanic didn't cater to vegetarians... strangely, just like my parents. 

My mom made Waldorf salad and we talked about how sad it must have been and theorized about what each of us would have done if we'd been on board. 

It was kinda fun and cool. Just like my mom.

The evening ended on a controversial note when my dad stopped my mom from reenacting the sinking of the ship's captain (who was played by Thomas the cat). She was either going to put him in the bathtub or spray him with a water bottle or something. 

Then THIS happened.


It was the best part of the night. 

I love my family.

Lori Ann

p.s.- I don't know if any of you are on Pottermore (the official Harry Potter website). I got on yesterday and they sorted me into GRYFFINDOR. I never ever would have put myself there. So yeah, I'm a gryffindor, people. (Now I've just got to work on that whole "bravery" thing)

1 comment:

  1. I love your family. Do you think your parents would adopt me? Please?

    I saw Titanic with Danielle when it came out. Probably more than once. I'm pretty sure that's not the first time she's re-enacted that scene. Don't tell Jack, though. He'd be crushed.

    ReplyDelete