Wednesday, June 19, 2013

But you can let your hair down


It's not summer until tomorrow or the next day (I refuse to acknowledge it before the solstice has actually occurred) but that won't stop me from announcing this years

TSC (the spinster chronicles- just to clarify) SUMMER TO DO LIST

Let's do this dance!

1. Go to Gettysburg for the 150th anniversary and see some reenactments. (first stop Civil War reenactments, next stop Renaissance Fair, baby!)

2. Spend all day at the ocean. (and by ALL DAY I mean at least 8-12 hours). I haven't been to the ocean in years. Which is said because I don't live that far. This summer all that changes!

3. Go camping. There is something about roasting marshmallows and the smell of campfire under a starry PA sky that is just good for your soul. I will camp this summer, mark my words!

4. Complete a 5k. Of course, it will be walking. But walking swiftly. I want one of those dang numbers you put on your shirt!

5. See Philadelphia from a double decker tour bus. I've more or less seen most of Philadelphia but I know there is some stuff I've missed and some stuff I haven't seen in years. I'm think that I might go this Saturday. Take the train up, hop on a bus and spend all day in my most favorite of all cities.

6. Really celebrate the 4th of July. I don't just want to passively watch fireworks and stop the children from burning their fingers on sparklers. I am going to make the 4th a spectacular and patriotic fiesta!

and lastly..the self improvement goal. Yuck.

7. By September 1st (I don't wait for the equinox to declare it to be fall) I want to have a good gym habit going. Where it begins to feel weird and bad if I don't go. (Right now I am still in the opposite, where it feels weird and bad when I DO go)

So...it's pretty clear at this point that this is going to be the greatest summer of our lives!!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment