Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Love her and she'll bring you luck


I walked two miles before coming to work today. I might walk a few more when I get home.
Now I am having fresh picked PA strawberries, raspberry yogurt, and a icy cold dasani water for lunch.

And I feel inspired.

I used to think that people who talked about how great a healthy lifestyle was were just lying to themselves to mask the deep seated depression that must accompany a life without diet coke and donuts.

And while I did stop to smell the donuts that medical records always has out (I swear it's a non stop party back there..and yes, the donuts did smell like happiness) I was able to walk away.

I don't know if this is an epiphany or just the ramblings of someone who is sugar deprived.

I feel great. And I don't (except during very stressful moments or late night tv watching binges) miss the soda and the junk. It never really made me happy.

Anyway, I vow to make this the last healthy eating/ lifestyle post for a while. We will be moving on and tackling my other vices!!

Lori Ann

p.s.- Thanks to 'the Voice' I am once again obsessed with this song.



2 comments:

  1. You can keep on talking about your healthy lifestyle, you quite an inspiration! You rock! Keep up the good work. I think I will have to walk tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I used to think that people who talked about how great a healthy lifestyle was were just lying to themselves to mask the deep seated depression that must accompany a life without diet coke and donuts." Yes!!!! Me too!!! And I agree with Danielle, don't stop sharing your success stories. You are truly inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete