Thursday, June 20, 2013

Trying to get away into the night


Today's topic:

Questions I have been asking myself lately...

1. Why do both "hotel California" and "I think we're alone now" play almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I drive to or from work? There has got to be some meaning there that I am missing.

2. I am all for partisan bickering...it keeps me entertained. However, why is there such a double standard? In the last few days I've seen articles entitled "Why is the GOP stuck on stupid?" and "The clueless Republican caucus" and "Why can't the Republicans learn?". And these are mild compared to some that I have seen. I have NEVER seen an article entitled "Democrats are idiots" or anything of that nature.

3. Why does time slow down on the treadmill? Seriously, it sssslllllloooooowwwwwssss down. The only time it has gone fast for me is when I was watching the Breakfast club. I am sure the people around me were really excited to hear me repeating all of the lines along with the movie. "You're so conceited, Clair".

4. Is it possible to have health and fitness bipolar? Because I swear I swing from manic (going to the gym twice in one day) to depressive (eating Chinese food for breakfast and dodging my trainer).

5. Is it wrong to steal someone else's fruit kabob? Or it so wrong it has to be right?

6. Why do they put cantaloupe on fruit kabobs? Cantaloupe should be banned from all mixed fruit items. I don't think I am alone in this. Right?

7. I think I found the perfect quote for the wall in my office. What do you think?

“One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.”


It's by Maslow. I adore Maslow.

Lori Ann

1 comment: