Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I don't care what my dad says..I think Chief Justice Roberts is hot!


You guys,

Thanks to the Supreme Court's rulings today it won't be long until us eternally single people get the legal recognition we deserve.

Today began the slippery slope towards full, country wide marriage "equality" (I put equality in quotation marks because gays and straights never address the inequality they are subjecting us singles to).

First, all marriages; regardless of gender of couples will be recognized.

Then, all marriages, regardless of number of participants will be recognized.

AND FINALLY...after all the "we're special because we have a sexual relationship" people have been recognized by the Courts, the rest of us will finally get what we deserve.

Marriages (or civil unions..whatever) will no longer be the sole province of those who are sleeping together.

How could anyone call that fair?

I may never find a husband (or wife) to get into a sexual relationship with.

Should I be denied the tax benefits of filing jointly with someone?

Should I be denied the ability to be on someone's insurance if I lose my job?

Should I be denied the social acceptance I crave?

Etc, etc, etc.

Whether it's a friend, a relative, or whatever, I look forward to becoming legally joined with someone (without the discriminatory requirement of a sexual relationship) and reaping the financial and social benefits that this country has to offer.

Well done, SCOTUS. Well done.

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I agree anyway. People willing to throw their lots in together should be granted protection. Life is hard on your own. Probably. I imagine. (And when I imagine, it scares me)

    ReplyDelete