Monday, June 17, 2013

Had your eyes wide open


You guys..

Maybe I am just in a manic phase but I was totally inspired while I was at the Walmart this morning.

I bought two plain 1 subject notebooks. (and some tic tacs, baby!)

One of them is for me to write down book ideas. I have always wanted to write a book- it's on my bucket list- but I have never gotten organized.

 Since I have a giant purse, I can just keep the notebook with me to jot down ideas. I already have a few ideas and have noticed that my brain seems to be more focused on this topic since I took a step towards getting organized.

The other notebook is for working through my food addiction issues. It's completely stream of consciousness type writing.

 My first entry was about how today, the pharmacy rep brought pizza and soda and  I wanted to eat the pizza so bad (instead of the yogurt and strawberries I had packed) and so I made myself answer the question- why do I feel like I need the pizza? It was illuminating to see it out there in black and white.

This could be one of those projects that I feverishly commit to for about 2 days and then forget but I hope not.

I hope I can develop it into a tool to both build coping skills for dealing with my addiction and to begin the process of figuring out this book and crossing it off my bucket list.

Wish me luck!!

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea... to pause and think about why I "need" to eat something before just diving in. I will try this today! I think you should write a book about your life. Your journey as a therapist and your journey discovering yourself and your life goals. And of course your love for your nieces/nephews. Wait, that sounds like a longer version of your blog. I love it already!!

    ReplyDelete