Saturday, March 15, 2014

And, I know

Random Thoughts Saturday Night

I spent 5 or 6 hours at the office today.

It's like being in space.

 Time has no meaning.

 I left when my mom called and told me to come home. 

I couldn't motivate myself to walk today.

 Which sucks because it was a beautiful day and tomorrow is supposed to be freezing. 

Speaking of tomorrow...I am wearing THIS to church. 
Well, not the yellow socks.

 I will try and get someone to take a picture of me in it.

 I got it at the thrift store for $10!!!

 Its also a size I haven't worn since high school.
 (I literally just paused to clap my hands in glee)

This thing has been making me laugh lately. 

Yesterday, I gave all of my sister's kids a dollar at the Walmart to pick something out.

 Katy couldn't choose between skittles or this pink hotwheels car.

 So, she eventually agreed to 'babysit' Sugar in exchange for getting two things.
(which will be interesting, to say the least)

 But she was making me laugh because she was sitting in the baby seat of the cart, shaking her head sadly and saying "Aunt Lori, I'm just very, very poor". :) 

There has been something of a scuffle over candy being eaten in primary.

 I was allegedly spotted teaching class while eating a lollipop.

 In all seriousness, why do only upper middle class white people have gluten allergies?

 Lame.

 In response to the no candy rule, I have recently stuffed my treat jar full of candy.

Never let it be said that I didn't fight the man when it was really important :) 

This time two weeks from now will be the night before my half marathon.

 I have been googling "What happens if you can't finish a half marathon on time?"
 (because there is no way I am making the 3 1/2 hour cut off time).

 Apparently, there are 'sweeper vans' that pick up the stragglers. 

I do not want to cross the finish line in the back of a van with the elderly and dehydrated. 

Both of my groups are ending this week.

 I run a teen and an adult social skills group.
(for people who are mostly on the Autism Spectrum)

 Hallelujah.

 Although that means I have to run two pizza parties this week.

 Because group therapy should always end with pizza. 

I saw a shooting star tonight.

 And I couldn't stop making wishes. 

I'm tired.

 Like deep down tired. 

Not to be cryptic or self pitying but sometimes I wonder why I still crave the attention and approval of people who have made clear that they don't find me that interesting. 

Let's end on that emo note. 

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Sweeper van for the stragglers, I'm dying right now! :,)
    I am expecting a massive blog entry on your half marathon! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
    Sorry you're feeling emo :( Hope tomorrow is a better day

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: whoever doesn't find you interesting must be a damn fool! TSC is one of the highlights of my day! I LOVE your writing and I demand you start updating twice-daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my students said that monks sound emo (we are doing a Middle Ages unit).

    ReplyDelete