Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dre sent me to tick the world off


Some things my nieces and nephews said today that I never want to forget:

"Dear Aunt Lori. It's time to die"

" Aunt Lori, I am going to meditate"
(followed by assuming the universal, crossed legged pose of meditation)

" She will stab you to death with a knife"
(when I explained that their mom (my sister) will hurt me if I ever get in a car accident with them)

"I saw a boomerang in the sky. Which means Jesus is going to come back again"
(when cloud gazing and discussing the meaning of Vitamin D and revelation)

A random mother and son were at the same park/playground as us and the mom kept telling me "Your daughter keeps getting close to my dog" (she wasn't worried about her dog, she just wanted Katy to be safe)

I felt like saying 

"These children have no shoes on in a snowy playground. That should be your first sign that I'm not the mom"

A very sweet older lady gave all of the kids a quarter to get gumballs at the thrift store. They were so excited. 

I told them "When you get a chance to help someone, you've got to take it"

I think they were squabbling over the gumballs at that point and my poignant lesson about service was most likely not even heard :) 

I've got the coolest nieces and nephews on Earth.

Lori Ann

p.s.- A lot of my blog titles are going to be Eminem song lyrics. I listen to WAY too much while walking. 

1 comment: