Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Fear doesn't shut you down. It wakes you up.

Random Thoughts and Life Update

Dawn continues to be the best person on Earth. 
Weird things happen when I hang out with my sister's kids
I (cough *my dad* cough) made this cake for our maintenance appreciation luncheon today. Everyone loved it! 
I feel like I spend half my life on a treadmill

I have been reading a new book.

Divergent.

 I am always a little behind the trends.

I bought it because I liked the trailer I saw for it when I was at the movies last week.



It's really, really interesting.

I don't know what faction I would be put in.

I love the idea of Abnegation but I think I'm too selfish.

I'm not smart enough for Eurdite and not honest enough for  Candor.

And definitely not brave enough for Dauntless.

I guess I would likely be Amity.

Because I really do desire peace.

Not world peace. Just peace in my life.

If I could choose, I would choose Abnegation.

I've always said that if I wasn't Mormon, I would seriously consider converting to an Amish lifestyle.

I don't know if it's my Puritan heritage or what but I love the idea of dedicating your life to simple pursuits, trying to draw closer to God, and self denial.

Which is odd because I am kind of self indulgent in reality.

I saw my therapist again.

Nothing revolutionary at this appointment.

I wouldn't want to be the therapist of a therapist.

Lori Ann

p.s.- I've been working too much. It's making me feel crazy. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the title of this blog entry.
    Also, Divergent sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's from the book.
      YES!! Read it so we can analyze it together. I would love to see what faction you identify with!!
      p.s.- I love your Mardi Gras party!!!! I need to get down to New Orleans ASAP! (I am still kind of angry at them because the Saints knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs)

      Delete