Saturday, March 22, 2014

Holding on too tight

So...

Lately, in therapy, I've taken to asking people to write me or tell me the story of their lives.

It has a lot of therapeutic benefits which I won't list because this blog can be something of a snooze fest as it is.

This blog is, in a lot of way, the story of my life.

 At least the story since the day I turned 30 anyway.

One of the things we are asked to do as Mormons is keep a journal.

 Keep a record of our lives and our thoughts.

And I don't really have any records.

I have destroyed every journal I've ever written out of fear of my sisters finding it.

 How dramatic, I know. 

So, this blog is really the only record I have. 

So, I thought I would write the story of my life here.

Starting from day 1.

Not all at once, of course.

That's insane.

Here is the beginning....

I was born on a snowy Sunday- October 7th, 1979.

 Conference Sunday.

I was the youngest child of David and Terry Hinsdale.

 She was 23 when I was born.

 He was 29.

They didn't know my gender.

When I was born by c-section my mom remembers saying "Now I have 3 girls" and the doctor said "I have 3 girls too!"

My siblings were at home being babysat by the missionaries. 
(It was the seventies, people)

My sibling's ages were as follows:

David Allen Jr.- 3 years, 2 months, and 4 days old.

Danielle Christian- 2 years, 2 months, and 2 days old.

Erin Leigh- 9 months and 27 days old.

That is what my family looked like the day I was born in Doylestown, PA.

I was the only one born in PA.

 My siblings were all born in Bridgeton, NJ.

As a matter of fact, James Ray (my nephew) and I are the only PA babies in our whole family.

That means a lot to me.

Pennsylvania has always been home to me.

 I've lived in 8 other states and when I am gone from PA, I feel lost.

I was born with almost black hair.

Not like my siblings

. And blue eyes.

 Like my siblings.

My parents had met in church about 5 years before this day.

 My dad is from Michigan and my mom lived all over the country before her dad retired from the Air Force.

 How they met in Jersey is beyond me.


My siblings have some small memories of me as a baby.

I don't remember anything until I turned 5 or so.

Riveting, isn't it?

Wait until we get to the next installment- Lori- the early childhood years!

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Terry Ann's daughters - it is all about hiding or destroying journals!

    ReplyDelete