Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day


I am a big fan of quotes. I have a quote wall in my kitchen and a quote wall in my office. Famous quotes, silly quotes, and; more than any other kind, inspirational quotes.

So, for this mothers day post, I set about looking for the perfect inspirational quote.

There are hundreds of quotes about mothers out there. A lot of them reference angels weeping, tears and kisses, or gentle hands and warm hearts.

My mother isn't an angel weeping tears, gentle warm heart kind of mother.

Good thing I found this proverb

God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.

~Jewish Proverb

My mother frequently cites a mothers role as being similar to God's, even going as far as to say that things like the Ten Commandments don't apply to mothers and they are free to do what is necessary for their children, legal or illegal.

The cool-slash-scary part is that I know she means it.

My mother is unlike any other person I have ever met. She is kind, strong, and just a little bit eccentric. She is everyone's favorite person to be around. The party can't start until she gets there.

She calls (or texts..my gosh, my mother texts) randomly to ask how I am. She bakes homemade cakes for every birthday. And even though she says it about me, she IS brilliant.

This mothers day I wanted to say Thanks to my mom. For a million things. For every sacrifice, for every package on my mission, for every night on your feet as a waitress, for paying off my tuition so I could go back to school, for teaching me to make chocolate chip cookies, for the hurricane lamps, for making a big deal out of little things, for surprising me on my 30th birthday, for putting yourself through nursing school, for giving my nieces and nephews the grandma we never had, for buying me Peachy, for taking Junior to Taekwondo, for sewing dresses for us when we were little, for EVERYTHING.

Thank you so much.
 
 I love you, Mom.
 
Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment