Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful Girl

I have been trying to write a tribute blog to my niece Katy, ever since her birthday on April 29th. The other kids birthday tributes came so easily to me, but I just can't seem to find the right words for the Katy-Kat.

So, forgive me Katy, if this is a little late..I wanted to find just the right words to say.

To my blue eyed muffin baby niece, on the occasion of her 2nd birthday-

Katy, I doubt that you'll remember
These years we've spent together
But I have a thousand memories
I remember:
snuggly baby moments
Dance parties while your mom was gone
Water spilled on the floor
And bedtime stories, laying on the lawn
In two years we already have
More stories than I can recall
I wish these days would never end
And that you'd never grow older at all

Because, to me, you are perfect
Wiggly, Giggly, Silly, Sweet
and Perfect
I am far from a poet, but I wanted to say something. Something that could express, at least in small part, the magic, joy, and love you have brought to my life.
I wish for you all the happiness in the world.
Love,
Aunt
"R-ree"

2 comments:

  1. Lor, that post was sooo sweet it made me cry. You are an amazing writer and kat-rat has the right aunt living by her..your amazing! Love Eri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lor, I want that one framed and on her bedroom wall. You have until Thursday.

    ReplyDelete