Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You say One Love


Do any of you have a favorite song?

I have a thousand songs that I like.

About a hundred that I love.

Maybe 10 that I consider to be the "Soundtrack to my Life"

One or two that invoke strong amazing memories or feelings.

And then there is ONE.

One, by U2.

It's the song that kinda gave my life direction.

I love the lyrics:

We're one, but we're not the same
We get to carry each other

It made me want to serve. Serve a mission. Serve in my profession. Live a life of service. I love how it says "we GET TO carry each other". Not, we HAVE TO, but we GET TO.


I know that Bono wrote this song about his Dad and it might have a completely different meaning for him, but I reserve the right to make this song about what I want. So, take that, Bono! (because I know you blog stalk my blog!)

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. That is actually one of my favorite songs! I mean like top 3. Did you witness the Glee rendition last night? It was good but no Bono.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Glee is what reminded me that I love it so much. I love Glee but I missed Sue last night..I think she needs her own whole show:)

    ReplyDelete