Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Better believe i'm fearless

Ok..*taking a deep breath*..I totally chickened out from posting my manifesto yesterday!

 I drove up to the laundromat and there were PEOPLE there.

I went home, clutching my handful of manifestos, a defeated woman.

I even ordered Chinese (9.65!!) so great was my misery.

Then, something miraculous happened

. I continued my reading of Don Quixote.

For those who are unfamiliar with the story of Don Quixote, you can read up on it here.

Don Quixote may have been crazy, but he was afraid of nothing.

 Not windmills, or barbers, or sheep, or priests, or containers of wine.

 He fought them all.
  (and lost almost every time, but that is something else altogether)

He brought to my mind another one of my heroes, Martin Luther.

 He started the Protestant Reformation, and his story is here.
(yes, my source for everything is Wikipedia!)

He nailed his 95 Theses to the All Saints church door on Oct. 31st, 1517.
He nailed his revolutionary (at the time blasphemous) ideas to the church door.

It honestly doesn't get any more bad ass than that.

If Don Quixote was fearless, and Martin Luther could start a revolution, surely I could post a simple declaration of my beliefs in a laundromat??

 Right??

What started out as a fun project for me,
 (hey, I'll write my manifesto..what a great conversation starter)

 turned into an opportunity to learn how to be brave.


Location # 1- The Laundromat!! (I even saw someone reading it as I drove off!!)


Location # 2- The boarded up old Burger King (I also have a goal to dance in the parking lot of this BK, dressed as a giant whopper..but that goal is for another day!)

Location # 3- The car wash. (So many shady dealings go on here..I was once fleeced for 10 dollars here. It seemed like an appropriate location for the manifesto:)

Today, I did something that scared me. I feel so empowered.

Lori Ann 

7 comments:

  1. Oh honey!! I'll give you the $2.75!!! Geesh!! WEll...I have to wait until payday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..thanks for the offer:) I am going to do a whole post on how I blew the whole 40 dollar budget tomorrow..so sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You inspire me. (And I realize how sarcastic that sounds, but I'm being totally serious. Doing something scary like that is so hard. Way to go!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Sorry you blew your budget to get there but you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha..This goes down in the Hinsdale Records as Legendary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are crazy. I like it. Living life Lori-style!

    ReplyDelete