Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Here I go again on my own..

For the last two hundred...umm.. two years, I have been a mommy blogger.

A mommy blogger with no children.

Strange, I know.

For the most part my blog has documented my adventures with my nieces and nephews. Everything from tee-peeing our own house to racing rubber ducks down the Dan river.

It was a wild ride while it lasted.

Now those munchkins have moved and I find myself alone. Well, it's me and my good friends PEACE and QUIET!

However, as I indicated a few posts ago, my blog is at a cross roads.

After a lot of thought, I decided to rename my blog
"THE SPINSTER CHRONICLES".

I read this amazing quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson, it goes:


There are a lot of things I have missed in my life. Wedding day. Babies. Exaltation. A really great deal on a foreclosed home that I redecorate with stuff from pottery barn. :)

Some of it, I might still have. Some of it, I will more than likely never have.

I don't regret it though. Just as all of those mommy bloggers would never say that they regret giving up some of their freedom and choices to the responsibilities of marriage and children.

I rejoice in the life that I have. Yeah, I've missed a lot, but there is a lot that I have gained.

There is a kind of a dizzying thrill in being a spinster. There is free time galore, a career, getting my Masters, the opportunity to pursue all of my dreams, trips to Europe, no compromising about stuff, and the thrill of sleeping in.(which I didn't appreciate until I saw my sisters life!)

So, from this post forward, this blog will document my adventures as a future crazy cat lady, my long distance love affair with the kids, my bizarre job, and really any random thought that comes into my head.

I hope the excitement doesn't keep you up at night!

Lolee

3 comments:

  1. Well, you are coming back to your muffin babies in a couple months, so don't get too used to spinsterhood!
    P.S. Elly says you are her favorite person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, this post in particular. And that quote is awesome. That is something that I have struggled accepting in my life- the fact that life is such a give and take and that no one can really have it all. And if they seem like they do they're just faking it. You are an inspiration! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures as the most eligible bachelor-ette in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that the most eligible bachelor-ette in all of the South East, Tyler!! :)

    ReplyDelete