Thursday, July 29, 2010

J'veux ton amour Et je veux ta revenge

I have no idea what the title of this blog says..it is the only french song lyrics I know(besides Little Mermaid)..thank you, Lady Gaga!



So,

My dad's sixtieth birthday is in two weeks.

 I have been planning and saving for a gift for him.

 It's what I keep referencing when I talk about 'saving for something I can't talk about'.

My parents went to get their passports today and there was some issue with my dad's hospital issued birth certificate
 (I guess it needs to be state issued).

The guy said "Well, this might cause a delay in getting your passport, but you aren't planning on going anywhere soon, right?"

Wrong.

So, my mom had to tell my dad what I was getting him for his birthday.

A trip for him and my mom to Paris and London in November.

I am a little bummed that I missed out on surprising him
(which is what we had planned to do at his birthday in two weeks).

In any case..correct me if I am wrong, but I think I just heard the sound of someone clinching favorite child status.

Top that, siblings!!

Lori Ann

5 comments:

  1. Hey, it is spelled "poissons" not "pissons." You are probably saying something pretty rude. Sorry to be petty, but now that you are now the official favorite child, I have to pick on you! You rock, Lor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, and I thought for sure you were planning a trip to come see me in Utah! I'm so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow!!! You make the rest of us look bad! God forbid anything happen to your parents, but if something should, Chris and I want to be first in line to adopt you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing gift, Lori!!

    I hope your Dad gets the birth certificate thing taken care of and that they have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete