Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Great Laundromat Showdown has begun!!


Ok,

Today I faced my fears. I went to the Laundromat!!

I am not afraid of the Laundromat people..I feel at one with them.

I dread it because of the time consuming, hot, torturous process of it all.

However, if there is one thing I have learned, it is that independence comes with a price.

Sure, I don't have the responsibilities of a home and family, but I also don't have the luxury of yelling "will someone throw my laundry in?" (then again, I don't know many married women who have that luxury either!)

Anyway, I decided rather than grumbling and whining I would face my fears head on..in that light, I present to you...

THE GREAT LATE SUMMER ROCKINGHAM COUNTY LAUNDROMAT SHOWDOWN OF 2010!!

I will visit all of the 3 or 4 Laundromats in the town I live in, take pictures, really get the feeling of the place, and then announce which lucky Laundromat has won my heart and my allegiance!!

Unbeknownst to you all, dear readers, the contest began today!! I give you...

THE SCRUB BOARD LAUNDRY MAT # 6!!



There is only one thing to say about my experience at the Scrub Board..

It was breath taking:) Especially the bathrooms and the threatening signs.

Lolee

p.s. Today I am announcing the very first SPINSTER CHRONICLES GIVEAWAY WINNER!! Hayley Miller!! You can check out her blog HERE ! Thanks for your quote Hayley, it actually is really meaningful to my clients and a few of them have already commented on it:)


4 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your bravery taking on the laundromats! I can't wait to see who wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to post a picture of the laundry mat that advertises that they have hot water, that's my all time favorite laundry mat, hot water and indoor plumbing, next they will have ac too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WhooHooo!!! I never win anything!! ...I feel so special. ;)

    *Hayley

    ReplyDelete