Sunday, July 25, 2010

Money, Money, Money, Money


People, I am trying to save money.

Eek. This is not the life for me.

I REALLY wanted to go to Hobby Lobby this weekend and buy a bunch of stuff for craft projects.

I really, really want this chair from Target.


However, this saving money thing has been good for me in a lot of ways.

 It has triggered something in my brain that wasn't on before.

The "think before you spend" switch has been turned on.

Yesterday, I kept thinking that I wanted to order Chinese.

 However, every time I went to call and place the order, these thoughts would come into my mind

"I'm not hungry", "I don't even really like Chinese, just the idea of it", "I am going to regret this after I order it".

I ended up not ordering!!

 So strange, and it has been happening for a while now.

I keep thinking about elaborate gifts to get for my sister and brother for their birthdays (Aug. 3rd and 5th) and then my brain will ask me "Is this gift for them, or for you?"

I know this is kind of a boring post, but, for those of you who know me in real life, I am sure you find it most alarming!!

My free wheeling spending is my strongest attribute!!

I don't know if I like frugal Lori.

Only time will tell.

Anyway, in honor of this crazy new lifestyle and to further my goal of saving money, I am going to try and live the
Next two weeks with only 40 dollars spending money.

For some of you frugalistas out there, this might not seem like a challenge, but for me, it will be insanely difficult!


Lori Ann

4 comments:

  1. Oh Yikes!! $40??? That's insane!! I'm screaming about having only $100 until friday....More power to ya! When you succeed, show me the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, the chances of success are limited!! I have already been talking myself down from buying new couch pillows and pizza!! I am going to try though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Lor! P.S. The only thing I want for my birthday from you is framed copies of the lyrics/poems you wrote a couple of the children on your blog, and you can totally give that to me later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know what you spend your "spending money" on? Does that just include extra, frivolous wants or does it include food/groceries etc?

    ReplyDelete