Thursday, July 22, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday



I started writing my manifesto today.

I will be posting it in all the laundromats in town, giving it out to random people, and posting it on facebook.

So yeah, I think it's safe to say that I'm going places.

 1st step- manifesto.

 2nd step- public office...or starting a band.

Whichever happens first.

I have recently become obsessed with that new Paramore song "The Only Exception".

I am listening to it over and over as I write this post.

My dad's 60th birthday is coming up.

 I am so excited.

 That's all I can say.

I was listening to my iPod on shuffle today at work (yeah, I'm not focused on the children I work with AT ALL) and every song I heard reminded me of the kids.

I miss them so much.
(they are the only exception, in the words of Paramore)

Apparently, the kids had another lemonade stand today.

 Beware, thirsty people of North Eastern Pennsylvania..beware.

Any recommendations for good books?

I was thinking about seeing "Salt" but the reviews made it sound really horrible.

 Has anyone seen Inception? Was it good?

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Inception was AWESOME! Go tonight and then go again tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield? If not, I highly recommend it. One of my favorite books ever. Either that, or, in a completely different direction/genre, the Percy Jackson series. Those are sort of Harry Potter-ish, so I imagine you'd like them. And if you have read those, try The Red Pyramid, which is by the same author, but deals with Egyptian gods instead of Greek ones. Not up to par with Harry Potter, of course, but still enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana Wynne Jones was writing excellent British fantasy for kids of all ages long before JK Rowling- and I am so glad Harry Potter got her books re picked up and published again. She does an excellent job of integrating myth and legend in a way that lets you recognise if you know it, or learn if you don't. My personal favorites include Hexwood, Howl's moving castle and deep secret, but there is a lot out there.

    ReplyDelete