Sunday, January 2, 2011

I wish I may, I wish I might..

My follow up from the last post.

 Because, once again, I've got you on a "NTKB"..a Need To Know Basis..and you all need to know the details of my holiday adventures!

A surprise visitor
MY DAD! aka "the Christmas Elf" 

A NICE Christmas dinner
 My dad made steak, potatoes, trifle, a bread bowl, and all my Christmas dreams come true!

An unexpected trip
Due to some car issues (my dad's car), he was delayed in NC..so instead of slowly going insane in my one bedroom, we took the four days it was being fixed and headed up to sweet home Pennsylvania!
It appears that some were excited, while others were not!
A life changing book
THE HAPPINESS PROJECT.

 BEST BOOK I'VE READ SINCE HARRY POTTER.

Changed my perspective on resolutions, communication, and how to be happy.


A bread bake off
I started making bread a month ago.

 This; I felt, qualified me to challenge my mother
 (whose bread has been renowned for over 3 decades)

and my sister
(who has about a decade under her belt).

 I am thrilled to tell you that I won the bronze medal in that competition:)


A quest to make a mini snowman with large stick arms
This involved my niece Elly who is a genuine megalomaniac.
 (I've officially diagnosed her)

 We made a snowman the size of three stacked tennis balls and she wanted to attach large branches

for his arms...what happened next will live in Mill St
 (my sisters street)

 Christmas folklore for years to come.

Learning more than I wanted to know about french Canadian soup

All I will say about this is; I don't care how cute you are, or how good you make leek based soups.

You are Canadian.

Which makes us enemies.

The hands down best game of Settlers of Catan
there are no pictures, but I will say this much..
I smell fear. That is to be expected.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment