Monday, January 31, 2011

Material Girl

I spend way too much time reading blogs that have pictures like this:



Or this:

 or this: 


I read blog posts with subjects such as: 

HOW I LOST THOSE DARN 5 LBS OF PREGNANCY WEIGHT

JUST WENT ANTIQUING AND GOT THIS TABLE FOR A STEAL- $399

FOR MY BIRTHDAY, MY MOM SPOILED ME AGAIN AND BOUGHT ME A FLAT SCREEN

I JUST BOUGHT MY 107TH VINTAGE DRESS ON ETSY. HERE I AM MODELLING IT BY A LAKE BEHIND OUR HOUSE- WITH MY HUSBAND (WHO IS NOT GAY,EVEN THOUGH HE DRESSES LIKE THIS) -AND OUR 7 KIDS WHO LOOK DOCILE AND WELL GROOMED

If you couldn't tell from the above pics and blog post descriptions, I totally seethe with jealousy and rage when I read these blogs. 

However, I am not one of those girls.

 I will never be a size two, I think antiques are too cluttery, my mom hasn't bought me a present since the 1900s, and I don't have a gay husband to dress up.

*sigh*

But- my jealousy exists for a reason.

There is something that these girls have that I want.

I think its the idea of adding beauty and fanciness to my every day life.

So, I will be blogging about my attempts to have some 'fancy' in my life- whether it be doing my hair in a beehive or doing crafts on a budget (like a 2 dollar budget), or rifling through the local antique store for some junk to clutter up my life.

Get ready people.

 They don't call me the Martha Stewart of Rockingham County for nothing!

(and by 'they' I mean 'me')

Lori Ann

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog. I seriously get excited when Google reader tells me that you have a recent post. Thanks for making me laugh. Oh yeah, and come to UT soon. I know you want to visit Er. Just make sure you see me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Can't wait!!!

    Funny side note. I accidentally clicked on this blog

    http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com/2011/01/public-service-announcement.html

    in my reader thinking it was yours and read it through three times before I realized it wasn't your blog all the while thinking, "Wow! Good for Lori!"

    Is Erin in Utah?! Yes I agree with Sarah, please come to Utah!! I would LOVE to see you. We could have a big get together with some of your other blogger friends, Glamazon and Mindi etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be legend... wait for it... dairy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do outfit posts, complete with pictures and a list of where you got each vintage/thrifted article of clothing, it will be like I died and went to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A get together in Utah would be awesome!!

    Seriously, do those kind of people really exist??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit Utah! The only thing holding me back is that the mountains at night scare me.

    It's going to happen though. It will indeed be epic:)

    Allison,

    Great minds think a like. I have already been scoping out Reidsville's trashiest thrift/antique shops for little "treasures" to feature on my blog. I may even offer to let those shops sponser my blog. Then I can start having some give a ways!!!! (from there its only a few steps to world domination!)

    ReplyDelete