Sunday, January 9, 2011

Random Thoughts: The Pre-Blizzard, on Nyquil, Sunday Evening Edition

Ok,

I am SO angry.

 I have dedicated the BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE to cheering for the Philadelphia Eagles and, as of the 3rd quarter, it looks like they are throwing another season down the drain.

AHHHH!! 

Anyway, on with the randomness:

1. I bought a pork roast, because I am feeling experimental with my cooking.
 (and because I only have a mini crock pot, and the beef roasts were all too big)

 You DO put pork roast in the crock pot, right?


2. We are preparing for snow here. I have my candles, blankets, hot chocolate, and stack of books to read.

 And the pork roast.

Can't forget about that.

3. I have been sick all week.
 (my sister Erin told me that I am perpetually ill and she even called me "sickly", which is FALSE!)

Anyway, I called my mom to tell her about my illness and she responded by shrieking "Lori Hinsdale, you are to take the prescribed amount of medication..P-R-E-S-C-R-I-B-E-D amount!"

She spelled prescribed like 6 times.

 It was funny.

 Maybe it was so funny because I had just taken a dose and a half of NyQuil.

4. I was talking about my blog in a meeting at work last week.

 My boss told me again to "be careful".

 Fear not, dear readers, I will not be silenced, not even by the omnipotent puppet masters of North Eastern North Carolina Community Support Agency Middle Management! (NENCCSAMM for short)


5. I know my love of Taylor Swift has driven a wedge between me and some of my blogging friends.

I'm sorry..nothing stands between me and my top 40 pop music.

 I love love love her new album "Speak Now" and especially her song "Dear John".

 Probably because it's everything I've ever wanted to say to John Mayer.

 Maybe she intercepted some of the anonymous fan mail I sent him.

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. I am going to go ahead and second your boss's opinion, as well as mom's advice. You probably knew I would, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can do a pork roast in a crockpot. You can do it with potatoes, carrots and onions with some seasonings, or do pork tacos, cooking it in taco seasoning and salsa then make your tacos anyway you want (with lots of guac I'm sure) hmmmm pork..

    ReplyDelete