Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff.


Years ago, I read an article in Readers Digest that changed my life. 

The basic premise of the article was the author's quest to use movie/ song quotes in every day conversation. 

Not just willy- nilly. 

Anyone can toss out a random "Your mom goes to college" or "The force is strong with this one" type quotes. 

The author was talking about obscure, strange quotes used IN THE CONTEXT of the conversation. 

Not as random asides. 

From the moment I read that article, I began a quest of my own.

 During this quest I have used many, many quotes in every day conversation, some notable ones being:

"I am hot, sticky, sweet from my head to my feet"

"I don't know where I am going, and only God knows where I've been"

"What are you doing here? Well, I can see that you are serving drinks!"

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"

"Because he's holding a thermal detonator!"

and my personal favorite:

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets.."

I don't know if your daily conversations need to be spiced up.

 I get bored with the same old chit chat.

Anyway, some of you might think this is a stupid idea. 

To those people I say: You are clearly jealous..and seriously, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. 

Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Lori Ann

4 comments:

  1. Buhahahaha! Lori, you seriously are the funniest person I know! I love reading your blog... and YES, I am jealous.

    *Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smell fear .... that is to be expected

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to talk to people without involving movie quotes!

    ReplyDelete