Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When a boy comes over, you should always have something baking

So, yeah I'm sure you've heard all the chatter and buzz about what a great cook I am becoming.

I'm probably totally going to take over for Martha when she retires. 

Anyway, tonight I am going to be sharing some of the magic with you!

Prepare to learn how to make potato and ham soup in four easy steps!!
Step one: cut up ham and potatoes.

 Don't forget the running commentary to your imaginary audience as you dice your soup ingredients.
Step 2: For the first time in my entire life, I voluntarily added onion to something.

 Boo yah!
 (The actual step is to chop some onions)
Step 3:  Additional ingredients include: cheese, milk, flour, salt and pepper to taste..and there is more to this step, but I forget.

Saute something, bring something to a boil, blah blah,blah
Step 4: Enjoy some home cooked goodness! Relish in your culinary superiority.

 Following dinner send daily anonymous email to Martha. 

Make this one vaguely threatening in nature.

Lori Ann

5 comments:

  1. That does look way yummy! I just might have to try that! Or you could put it in that package..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that looks so good.I want some NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any idea how hungry I am now? I'M DROOLING! Too bad I have nothing in my minuscule refrigerator! This just might give me the incentive to pull myself together enough to go to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sarah, how I have wronged you! Just know that, with every passing holiday, I am thinking "THIS time I am sending the package!". I really really believe that Valentines Day is going to be the one!

    Shannon, doesn't it seem kind of unfair? I mean, I have the looks and the dancing ability and now I am pretty much a domestic diva? Its not easy to be so multi talented and fabulous:)

    Jess,
    I will be making us some of this at our big reunion when you get back home in what 2 years? Tell Afton she is on onion chopping duty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd post a nice taunting picture of my cooked-all-day in the crockpot potato soup, but it got eaten before I could even get the camera out.

    ReplyDelete