Tuesday, March 6, 2012

JJEK

Over the last 36 hours I have been involved in the following activities:

1. Creating a so called "Love Den".

2. Public urination (not by me!)

3. Teaching 5 kids under the age of 10 to duck when they see the police.

4. Encouraging truancy

5. Eating more totinos pizza than anyone ever should

6. A romantic spaghetti dinner with 4 kids and my brother

7. Flying kites in a muddy field

Over the last 36 hours I have screamed (literally) the following phrases:

1. No! You broke the kite!

2. That's not popcorn, it's kettle corn!

3. The last one in bed is losing a finger!

4. You can't walk home with no pants on!

5. Stop bossing me!

6. I'm turning you in for this. Wait until your mother hears this!

7. Katy is in crisis and all you can think about is your scooter!

Over the last 36 hours I have had the following magical experiences:

1. Watching Elly drag her little kite on the ground behind her, yelling "It's flying, Aunt Lori, it's flying!"

2. Waking up to Elly and Katy sleeping with me.

3. Letting the kids make the cookies completely on their own. Pretending it didn't make me a little bit sad. They need to stop growing.

4. Danielle telling me that every time she sees me I am shrinking more and more.

5. The funniest game of Settlers I have played in a while. (and witnessing Jackie's defeat!)

6. James voluntarily giving me three kisses.

7. Getting to be part of my nephews/nieces childhood on a perfect sunny March day. 

Thanks J and D for letting me be part of the magic. It means more to me than a decorative urn and/or Moroccan inspired throw pillows ever could.

Lori Ann

p.s.- I will get revenge for THIS


2 comments: