Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The one who catches all your tears


Random Life Updates

I no longer need to wear makeup. (which I do AT LEAST once a year)- I can just photo shop it on later. I added blush and eyeliner to the above picture. Pretty sweet, eh?

I am now running two different sessions of group therapy at my job every week. One for teens and one for adults. Yikes. Sometimes I just want to go in and sit and see if someone else will run it. That would be nice.

I wished so hard that I could leave from work today and go play soccer with Elly. Because I want it to keep being fall and I want to keep playing with her in the backyard forever. (except when she kicks the ball at my head and laughs)

As I may have mentioned previously on this blog, I like to diagnose myself. Call it a side effect of having diagnosed literally thousands of people at this point. I see so much mental illness in myself. (I also wonder if my self diagnoses are legally binding-since I am authorized by the state of Pennsylvania to diagnose mental illness)

Anyway- I've spun the wheel and decided that I am anxious. So, I decided to get myself on some anxiety meds. I've tried this once before and it was EPIC because I was neutral about everything. 

I was telling my sister Erin on the phone tonight about my meds and she was shrieking "you better get off those meds when I come home for Christmas. I don't want you all neutral and uncaring about everything!"

It was making me laugh. 

So, anyway, if the tone of this blog begins to change- like getting kind of an edgy, angry, apathetic vibe- now you know why.

It's probably uncomfortable for people to read about whatever mental illness I've diagnosed myself with and the meds I'm taking. I'm losing the ability to separate my work and non work self.

I was hiking around Valley Forge the other day with my former intern Laura and her roommate and I was telling them (in way too loud a voice) about the sex homework I give couples who are struggling with their love life. 

On a completely unrelated side note- NEVER google 'sex homework'. 

Anyway, I was thinking about starting to go by 'L'. 

Because I love the name "Elle" and I can justify using it. My name starts with an L. 

Any thoughts?

L. Ann

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!! You are beautiful too:) ( well, sexy might be a better word, but I try and keep this blog family friendly!)

      Delete