Thursday, November 14, 2013

They lead to you


I love how my cheeks look after walking in the cold (for an hour!)

I am day 4 into a 7 day protein based diet.

I am trying to jumpstart my weight loss which has stalled a little.

So, since I am avoiding food and trying to reflect on the progress I've made, I figured I'd share what I've come to love over the last year as I've worked on my health


1. I love the feeling you get when you come inside after walking out in the cold. The numb, tingly feeling, the red cheeks, the strong desire for a mug of hot chocolate- it reminds me of my childhood. I haven't made myself go out in the cold in years really and walking/running has forced me to. And reminded me how much I love it.

2. I love the feeling of when you put on some piece of clothing and you can feel that it is even just the tiniest bit looser. It's such a better feeling than the feeling of shoving yourself into jeans that once fit just fine.

3. I love just being able to take pictures and put them on facebook or this blog without trying to get the perfect angle to hide my chubby cheeks or make me look thinner. I still have the chubby cheeks and a long way to go but I'm more confident now. I don't care if people judge me:) 

4. I love the feeling of sore muscles. My shins are burning right now because I went up ten lbs in my leg curls this morning. But the burn always makes me think that it's my muscles waking up. (after a long, long sleep)

Anyway, I hope this post doesn't come across as sanctimonious. 

My point in writing is that I always thought changing my life would be so torturous and dreadful. 

And; don't get me wrong, there are parts that are SO HARD they make me want to cry.

But there is some awesome stuff I've discovered along the way:) 

Lori Ann

p.s.- Tomorrow's topic- what my therapist told me today..it was eye opening! 

2 comments: