Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Told a few thousand stories


Here are a few stories that I don't want to forget (therefore they must be written in this blog and live in infamy forever!)

* The other night I stopped by my sister's house to steal umm...borrow Halloween candy from the children. Of course I was in my pajamas and of course I yelled as soon as I walked in the door "I'm here for the candy!" and....of course, the missionaries were there. BUT, that is not even the best part of the story. So, I was sitting around the table with my nieces and nephews and I said "I want to talk about my clients and how my day went today" and without missing a single beat Jack-Jack says "I want to talk about explosives" and then James says "I want to talk about League of Legends (a video game), and Elly says "I want to talk about sports" and Katy closes with "I want to talk about cats". It was HILARIOUS.

* James, upon learning that he had to go to school on Veteran's Day, apparently had a meltdown of epic proportions, yelling "what? They won't even give us the day off to honor our Veterans?" (This from the same child who; when I asked him the day before what a Veteran was, stated "they come and take care of your animals")

* Elly scored 3 (almost 4- she keeps reminding us) goals at her last soccer game on Saturday. On Sunday, she was sitting in the row ahead of me. Every couple of minutes she kept turning around and holding up 3 fingers and nodding solemnly. That girl is crazy.

* Apparently Katy keeps going to visit Uncle Dave's apartment (in my sister's basement). Danielle was asking Dave what Katy wanted down there. Without hesitation he replied "chips". It doesn't sound that funny but it was- there was no "oh, she comes down to play or watch movies" it was just a clear, firm "chips".  Later, when I picked him up from work, he described feeling intense pressure to give her the chips or there were going to be negative consequences for him :)

Ok, so I am going back to therapy tomorrow. Brace yourselves. I cannot even imagine what will happen.

Lori Ann


1 comment:

  1. Oh those are some cute stories. I love kiddos and the funny things they say and do!

    ReplyDelete