Saturday, November 16, 2013

With the words of a love song

My new favorite quote. 
Random Saturday Update-around twilight
(why do I feel like I should have to capitalize the 'T'?)

Anyway,

First, let's talk about my therapy. Not at all awkward for all of you, I am sure.
I didn't get to address my Harry Potter fixation in therapy...yet. 
Judy, my therapist, told me one major thing which I found really eye opening.

She said that I kind of live in two different places. On one hand I am very tightly connected to my family and religion which can be insular. I completely agree with this. I feel like, to a certain degree, that my family and religious culture is one of 'we don't talk about things'. (which I am not judging at all- I'm comfortable in that place) She said the other place I am is being a therapist- which is almost the exact opposite. I talk to people with all kinds of lives about everything- all the stuff most people don't want to talk about. She feels like trying to balance these two worlds causes me anxiety. 

ANYWAY, 

I know that was super long and detailed but it really changed the way I see myself and the world and I am so glad I put "go to therapy" on my bucket list and I recommend it to anyone!

I did 5 miles today. 2 'running' (if it can be called running as I was lapped by several WALKING elderly people) and 3 walking. My legs still feel strange. 

19 weeks until my half marathon. I've got to get stronger. 

I've lost 5 lbs this week on my mostly protein shake diet. I earned every one of those lbs. That diet was intense! 
This picture if from the Internet! I don't own a coffee maker...I swear!
It was a good jump start though- I lost a few lbs, have been thinking before eating, and my stomach has shrunk. I tried to eat a tiny baked potato and I felt so sick. It was too much.

It was Elly's last soccer game today. I am so proud of that crazy girl!
I am cooking the turkey this Thanksgiving (on my bucket list). Any suggestions?


Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Brine your turkey! Emeril has a great brine recipe. It is a pain in the butt, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete