Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It's like I got this music

This is the Michigan Post you've all been waiting for.

The Family History Picture Wall Post.

You know how awesome your own family history is?

Now times that by one million and that's how exciting MY family history is going to be for you!

LETS

DO

THIS

THING! 

Various family pictures from my grandfather's youth

Let's go from the oldest on down...


My great-great grandfather Augustus

Then..


 My great great grandfather Elmer

I am going going to go ahead and say what we are all thinking...he's very handsome!

If thinking your great great grandfather is hot is wrong, I don't want to be..

Ok, ok..it's wrong.

ANYWAY

These two (above) are the fathers of these two...


My great grandparents.

 My dad's paternal grandparents.

Naomi and Ray.

Who looked quite delighted to be married that day.

Then on to....


My grandfather (Gordon- the one on the right) and his siblings.
(It was Bob's 90th birthday- the baby in the middle- that we were there to celebrate)


More of my Grandpa and his whole family


And more with my grandpa

I had never seen these pictures before this trip to Michigan.

It's so weird to get a glimpse into the life of someone who is so closely related- just one generation away- and who you never knew in any meaningful way.

I am glad that my sister's children won't have to learn the story of their grandparents in this same way.

(Not that there aren't many scandalous secrets of Terry and Dave to uncover!)

Thanks for indulging me in this trip down family history lane.

And I apologize for calling my great great grandfather hot.

Are you happy now?

Lori Ann Hinsdale

Daughter of the American Revolution

and granddaughter of some really interesting people 

No comments:

Post a Comment