Saturday, August 2, 2014

Til eternity passes away

The captain himself
You know when you have that friend that wants to tell you all about their fascinating dream from the night before and you feel like you are slowly dying on the inside?

Yeah, this is going to be just like that. Except written on my blog :) 

We had a member of our church die this past week. 

It's a really tragic story and it's not mine to really tell so I guess the respectful thing to do is not go into details. 

I might have been thinking about this when I feel asleep last night because I dreamed that my dad died. 

It was a really long dream, where I felt like 2 days had passed and I kept thinking "Maybe I will wake up and this won't be real"

I felt such an intense rush of relief when I woke up and realized it WASN'T real. 

I can't imagine my life without my dad- his directions written on paper plates, his knowledge about everything and anything, his ridiculous sense of humor. 

As sad a comparison as it is, this dream gave me some empathy for this girl in our church who lost her husband.

She was probably waking up today hoping it was all a horrible dream too. 

I know God has a plan for our lives and He is there for us, even when it seems like things happen for no reason or when bad things happen to good people. 

Some things are just so sad and hard to understand though. 

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment