Monday, August 11, 2014

Para proclamar la luz

Random Monday Morning Updates

The "Two Day Work Week" Edition!

I only have to work Monday and Tuesday this week.

It almost makes me cry when I think about it 

Now...just to get through these two days...

Here are some highlights from my crazy weekend.

Not like "kegger, got matching tattoos with a homeless man, set something on fire" kind of crazy.

More like "stayed up until 10 pm, watched only 9 hours of news, and spied on the cats" kind of crazy.

It's hard to tell because they DO blend into the seventies style couch- but this is Thomas and Sugar.

 Fighting to the death.

 Well..actually just until they got bored and moved on.
 
We made fishing lines in my sunday school class and talked about how crabs are the bad friends in life.
 The overall message- avoid crabs.
 Too bad this lesson came too late for me :)
  
I never realized the hideousness of my un- pedicured feet until I took this picture.

 NASTY.

 Also, there is the broken toe.

 There has been some debate regarding whether or not it is truly broken.

 I don't care what the x-rays say.

 In my heart, it's broken!

The ginger cat has an official name!

 Hobsy Adorable Monroe.

 (Still called 'the ginger cat' by most)

I FINALLY got into the pool.

 For the first time this summer.

 I got to chill with some really cool girls.

 Who showed me up with their pool tricks, their great cooking, and their general awesomeness.

 I am so moving into this pool for the rest of the summer.

 Be warned, Gridas!
 
Elly is my action shot queen.
I went out with the sisters again this weekend.
I am translating for them as they are teaching a Hispanic man about the gospel.
My spanish is so much better when I am talking about religious things.
I know every word.

(this is going to sound so pretentious- but you know I like to sound pretentious- there are actually some religious words that I ONLY know in spanish- weird, eh?)
When I have clients who speak spanish, I am struggling because the mission never taught me how to say

" Patterns of dsyfunctional thinking usually start in early childhood"
It did teach me how to say
"Mira, Paco..las misionaras estan aqui para ensenarte.

 No porque quieres ver ninas bonitas y discutir acerca de la traduccion de la Biblia"
Seriously, though.
Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment